THE BEST GLUTEN FREE CHEESE BREAD YOU HAVEN’T TRIED IS HERE
The best thing about being curious or just living in an area where it’s multi cultural is that you find out about bread that taste so good and is gluten free as a bonus.
Now just because it’s gluten free doesn’t mean you shouldn’t watch how many of these you eat in a row. Let me know how it turns out!
Disclaimer: I’m still learning especially baking so my measurements may not be industry standard 🙂
- Sauce Pan
- 143 g Tapioca Flour
- 2.3 oz Olive Oil (Or Neutral Tasting Oil)
- 3 oz Milk (I use milk alternatives like oat or almond)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (I used Kosher salt)
- 48 g Parmesan Cheese (Aged cheese to grate or grated)
- 48 g Mozzarella Cheese (Monterrey Jack and other can work)
- 1 Large Egg
- Preheat oven to 400F or 204C
- Place the flour in a mixing bowl
- Heat milk and oil in a sauce pan.
- Let it simmer for a couple of seconds.
- Mix flour and hot oil with milk mix and set it aside (for 4 minutes or so) while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Whip an egg, grate the cheeses.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl.
- Mix vigorously – the better you mix it and get a dough like consistency the nicer the bread will come out. This part can become difficult depending on the tool you use.
- In case the dough is too sticky you can use two spoons. I find that my dough isn't sticky at all and I shape it with my hands. Shape into small ball of around 108g. This usually produces 4 small pieces of bread.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or use a silicone mat.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes on the mid-top rack
- Once they are down let them cool down a little on a cooling rack.
- Try them before they get too cool. They will be yummy!